Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dear Cape Town drivers


Dear Cape Town drivers,

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just drive properly, and get along?
  • Flickers or indicators are not accessories to use when you choose to, and believe it or not you don't look cool switching lanes in your fancy car and not using them, you just look like you don't know how to drive.
  • Parents! Please put seat belts on your children sitting in the front seat. What's wrong with you? Do you want them to go flying through the windshield?!
  • Driving right up my tail is going to make me go even slower, not a even a little bit faster. ;)
  • There is a thing known as "Sunday drivers", but is it necessary to drive under 60kph?!
  • When I put my hand out the window and make little circular motions, I'm not doing a funny hand dance or waving - I'm indicating that I'm turning left as my flicker is broken.
  • Woman are bad drivers? Haha! I've seen more men this week talking on their cell phones and trying to drive safely at the same time. Get a hands free!
  • This is one for some the cyclists. Please stick to your side of the lane (not the middle), or cycle on the pavements where you can. I'm tired of driving halfway into oncoming traffic to pass you safely.
Thanks for reading my rant.

Time to get out there and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Safe travels if you're driving anywhere this long weekend!

Regards,
MC

No comments:

Post a Comment