Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Night of comedy, wine & pizza


After another typical Monday this week, I was looking forward to settling in at home and watching a DVD under some warm blankets with the hubby, eating some good comfort food and sipping hot chocolate while it rained and poured outside. Typical Monday evening? Usually yes, but not this time. Geoff surprised me late Monday afternoon by telling me about a comedy show playing at the Barnyard Theatre at Willowbridge that night, and asked if I wanted to go. The best part about it was that it was free - but still, getting dressed up to go out in the freezing cold vs staying indoors all warm and cosy....tough choice (or so I thought). Then I remembered that it's been a while since we last did something like this during the week, and 99.9% of the time you end up having the best time. So I got home, dressed and off we went to brace the cold.



We didn't have time to eat before we left, so it was a good time to finally try the pizza at Col'Cacchio - which I've heard is pretty amazing. The service was friendly but not overbearing, the atmosphere was divine; warm and cozy, and the food was good (not as good as Massimo's pizza, but close!)


After we'd finished eating, we walked upstairs to the Barnyard Theatre. I've never been there, and was really impressed with the layout of the place, and how warm it was inside! We found some seats towards the middle of the room, and settled in to watch some comedy from the likes of Richard Hardiman, Mark Palmer, Rob Van Vuuren and Paul Snodgrass to name just a few. I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time I laughed so much that I had tears in my eyes and my mouth actually hurt! The comedy these guys came up with was insane. We actually did get to have hot chocolate that night, and later in the evening ordered a bottle of wine. It was even better than sitting in front of the TV at home under blankets!

What a perfect evening! Geoff even won himself a signed soccer ball by one of the Cameroon players. Pretty cool! This is definently a night I'll remember for a long time to come, and even though every night can't be as spontaneous as this (or we'd be in a lot of debt!), once in a while to remind us that there is so much to celebrate in everyday life, is worth getting a little cold for. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment