Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Average Woman's Skin Care & Makeup List


It's a very sad day when you realise that it's finally time to start buying those anti wrinkle eye and facial creams you see advertised on TV, the type you don't think you'll need for a good 10 more years or so.  I may skimp on other things, but I am paranoid about getting old and so this weekend I decided it was time to try one of the (expensive) make up houses at Edgars and see what they'd recommend. (I've previously just bought skincare products from clicks and makeup from Maybelline.)

I found myself at Clinque and spent a small fortune on facial products. Granted, I have an Edgars card which I shouldn't be using and I'm sure there are cheaper products out there, but I was always told to spend more on your face - it will help you in the long run.
After walking out happy with my purchases, but very much over the credit limit I set myself, I couldn't help but wonder just how much does the average woman spend on skincare and beauty products each month?


Give or take a few items, I think this is about what the average woman spends each month on skincare and beauty products, and it's a lot!

      Facial Products
  • Cleanser
  • Toner
  • Moisteriser
  • Facial Wash
  • Exfoliating Facial Scrub
  • Facial Mask
  • Blemish Cream (if you are unfortunate enough to still have teenage skin once a month)
  • Anti Aging Wrinkle Cream
  • Eye Cream

       Hair Products:
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Heat Protective Hair Spray
  • Anti Frizz Hair Spray
  • Hair Gel
  • Hair Gloss for Straightened Hair (swop this for curly hair, relaxed hair, etc, etc....)
  • Hair Mask or Hot Oil Treatments
  • Hair Colour / Hairdresser Appointment

       Body Products:
  • Body Lotion
  • Self Tan Lotion (if you don't like lying in the sun or the sun bed - you get some nice ones from Dove & Nivea that create a gradual tan)
  • Shower Gel
  • Exfoliating Scrub
  • Bath Oil
  • Deondrant
  • Body Spray
  • Perfume

       Makeup (some of these luckily don't need to be bought monthly)

  • Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Mascara
  • Eye Liner
  • Eyebrow Pencil
  • Eyeshadow
  • Lipstick
  • Lipgloss/balm
  • Lip Liner Pencil
  • Blusher
  • Bronzer
  • Nailpolish


And I haven't even mentioned the false eyelashes, hair extensions or false nails....

No comments:

Post a Comment